- A train-the-trainer Workshop
April 6, 2019
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Venue: University of Bridgeport
126 Park Ave,
Bridgeport, CT 06604
A coaching relationship can be formal or informal, for remedial needs, high potentials, or orientation to something new. Regardless, there are principles and techniques that make getting and receiving coaching highly effective.
These principles of coaching “best practices” will be thoroughly conveyed with tools and tips and templates for successful use.
The participates will help coaches:
- Ask questions in the Situation – Task – Action – Result (STAR) model focusing on reflective steps
- Set measureable goals and observations of behavior with coachees
- Get to the root of the issue (e.g., not “being late” but “why are you frequently late?”)
- Generate constructive praise and forward-looking directions
- Use all six best practices of coaching
- Use “Core” and “Edge” agility in learning new competencies
- Practice/debrief coaching during the one week of faculty training